Friday, May 11, 2012

First Reaction to City of Lost Souls: No Spoilers

Well, it's 3:11 am, and I just finished up City of Lost Souls. I couldn't possibly be more happy with a book. City of Lost Souls was FANTASTIC!!!! I had one big moment, okay two big moments when I thought I was having a panic attack, but I'm pleased to say that I came out feeling great! A super big thumbs up enthusiastically to Cassie Clare for creating such an exceptional piece of writing.

 I was so worried that I would be a crying heaping mess when I finished it. I totally wasn't. I was thrilled. I didn't even cry! Not even once. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I literally stopped breathing for probably a minute. 

I think what I can say at this point without being spoilery at all is that I appreciate the level of humor, nerdiness, courage, and imagination that was in this book. I've adored every book in the Shadowhunter world, but this one has really been a spectacular ride. I had every intention of spending these early morning hours of May 11 crying over the book and over the anniversary of the loss of my mom, and ultimately my dad, when they passed in May three years ago. But instead, my heart is filled with hope. I think on all the characters in the book and the moments of bravery they had in the face of certain peril. Their courage was uplifting. It reminded me that you can go through the darkest of times and still make it out on the other side. And with that, I know that no matter what trials I have yet to see, I will face them with love and courage. 

Good night, dear Shadowhunters!

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...