Friday, June 1, 2012

My evolving "City of Bones" movie playlist

I've been thining a long time about a playlist for City of Bones. I'm a huge music fan, and I'm always trying to come up with songs that will match TV shows, movies, books, etc. I thought it would be fun to give a few of my own personal favorites for people to listen to as they read or think about the upcoming movie. So, I'll give you a little detail on each song, artist and my fave lyrics that correspond with the characters or scenes in the book. Note: This is not my definitive playlist. I'll probably add more as I find songs that I like. I just wanted a good place to start.

Gotye - Don’t Worry, We’ll Be Watching You – cool for the Pandemonium scene when Blue Haired Demon is stalking.  This song is hynotic and creepy. It reminds me of both the demon and of how Izzy, Alec and Jace toy with the demon before killing him.
Hey
What's your name?
Don't worry
Don't be afraid
We won't hurt you

Hey
Lost your way?
Don't worry
Just do as we say
And we won't hurt you

It's hard
The world can lead you so astray
It gets harder
It's hard just to keep the faith


Sonnymoon - Just Before Dawn  - This song reminds me of the scene with the vampire motorcycle where Jace and Clary are flying over the river. Quoted from NPR:




Singing about one's imminent death requires a certain level of delicacy, because it's way too easy to dive into melodramatic gloom. But Sonnymoon's "Just Before Dawn" — in which Anna Wise's ethereal vocals float across Dane Orr's palpitating soundscape as she contemplates mortality — takes on a more hopeful, universal tone. "Every night, you should have someone to hold," Wise sings, "to tell you that you did okay when your mind is against you."

Any night
you should have someone to hold
tell you that you did ok
when your mind’s against you
just before dawn
blue skies.


Eric Hutchinson -  Watching You Watch Him- Simon's thoughts on Clary crushing on Jace

I love you
From the bottom of my heart
And that's not gonna' change
But things look grim
When I am watching you watch him



Xx - Heart Skipped a Beat - Another Simon song to Clary

Please don't say we're done
When I'm not finished
I could give you so much more
Make you feel like never before
Welcome, they said welcome to the floor

It's been a while
And you've found someone better
but I've been waiting too long to give this up
The more I see I understand
But sometimes I still need you


Kris Allen - Monster- This is the song that I hear when I think about Valentine's POV to Jocelyn. 
This is a cautionary cry to you
Before you figure out what I've been turned into

Just close your eyes and try to think it over
You realize I'm not the man you know, girl
I hypnotize ya
I paralyze ya
Go on and scream 'cause nobody's gonna find ya

Did I ever think to tell you that I am a monster?
You have never seen this side of me
Maybe I should wear a warning that says that there's danger
If you ever get too close to me


The Civil Wars - Tip of My Tongue - Clary's POV about Jace

You own me with whispers like poetry
Your mouth is a melody I memorize
So sweet, I hear it echo everywhere I go
Day and night

Oh, dear never saw you coming
Oh my, look what you have done
You're my favorite song
Always on the tip of my tongue
The tip of my tongu



Panic! At The Disco - Trade Mistakes - Jace falling for Clary as he struggles with his feeling of if he is good enough for her or if he is putting her directly in danger by letting her into the Shadowhunter world.

So let me me save you,
Hold this rope and I'll pull you in.
'Cause I am an anchor.
Save her or feel it sinking in.
Let me save you, hold this rope.
I am an anchor, sinking her.
Oh oh ooh

I may never sleep tonight.
As long as you're still burning bright.
If I could trade mistakes for sheep,
Count me away before you sleep.
So I'll stay awake 'til I trade my mistakes or they fade away.



Brandon Flowers - Crossfire - Just a great overall song about Shadowhunters in general. It could be about any of the characters.

Tell the devil that he can go back from where he came
His fiery arrows drew their bead in vain
And when the hardest part is over we'll be here
And our dreams will break the boundaries of our fear
The boundaries of our fear




Coldplay - Us Against the World - Simon's POV to Clary
Oh morning come bursting, the clouds, amen
Lift off this blindfold, let me see again
And bring back the water, let your ships roll in
In my heart she left a hole

The tightrope that I'm walking just sways and ties
The devil as he's talking with those angel's eyes
And I just want to be there when the lightning strikes
And the saints go marching in

And sing slow-ow-ow-ow it down

Through chaos as it swirls
It's us against the world



Maroon 5 - Stutter - Jace POV to Clary

 
This time I really need to do things right
Shivers that you give me, keep me freezing all night
You make me, shudder oooh yeah

I can't believe it I'm not myself
Certainly I'm thinking about no one else
You make me, shut up

I really, I really need to know
Or else you gotta let me go
Oooh

You're just a fantasy, girl
It's an impossible world
All I want is to be with you always
I need you every day pay some attention to me
All I want is just you and me always

Give me affection I need your protection
Cause it feels so good you make me
s-stutter, stutter

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...